So you’ve decided it’s time to start looking for your own north Georgia mountain getaway cabin or home. Maybe it’s for your part-time vacationing use and for an investment by placing it in a rental program. Or maybe you’re considering retiring to our gorgeous area. No matter your reason(s) for beginning your search, having a plan can make the process a lot easier and even fun.
While online home buying sites and apps have grown tremendously over the last few years (and they do make searching for homes much easier than in days past), they cannot replace the knowledge and experience of a local real estate professional. Engaging their services is a valuable resource and tool to help make your search as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
Here’s a few tips to keep in mind as you begin your north Georgia mountain home search:
- Know what you can afford. Be honest and realistic with yourself and anyone else who is joining you in the buying process.
- Get pre-approved if you are planning to finance. This shows your agent and sellers you are serious and ready to deal.
- Be reasonable as to what you think you can get based on your budget. Don’t expect to get a $300,000 home for $200,000. The market is booming in north Georgia. Average days on market is around 125 days. Average sales price is $252,600 and Sold price to Listing price is right at 95.5%.
- Choose wisely based on your needs, requirements, and planned use. Selecting the right home for your personal vacation use for family and friends may be different than an investment to produce income. Consider everything.
- Plan a visit to the area, or several, and spend some time getting to know and experiencing all it has to offer. This will help you work with an agent in a more efficient and effective manner when viewing homes.
- Work with a real Realtor®. They have experience, access to more listings, they are connected in the area, and they work for you all hours of the day and night. They represent YOU and they don’t take this responsibility lightly.
While visiting and enjoying our area and local events, leave some time to find your dream property in Blue Ridge. Contact me to schedule an appointment. I would love to work with you and earn your trust and business.
Sharp Real Estate Services, LLC
240 West Main Street, Blue Ridge, GA 30513